Police have identified the body found at Hallam Tower as University of Sheffield student Thomas...
">

Police have identified the body found at Hallam Tower as University of Sheffield student Thomas Rhodes.

Rhodes, a Geography student, was found by police on Sunday 26 March. A post-mortem confirmed his injuries were consistent with a fall.

Speaking on behalf of the University, Head of Student Support and Guidance Audrey Leadley told Forge Press: “We are deeply saddened by the death of one of our students and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this extremely difficult time.

“The University is working to support everyone affecting by this very upsetting incident.”

The University offers a free confidential counselling service available to all University of Sheffield students. For more information, visit their website.

In a statement, site owners Blenheim Group said: “As the owners of Hallam Towers, we are deeply shocked and saddened by the recent tragedy of Thomas Rhodes’ death. As parents ourselves, our hearts go out to his family and friends at this sad time.

“Since buying Hallam Tower late in 2015, it has been an ongoing battle to secure the perimeters and the tower. No matter what measures we put in place daily, trespassers always seem to be determined to enter.

“We have been working closely with the council to ensure that our efforts meet their requirements. However, internally the building is extremely dangerous and should not be entered by anyone. We urge anyone who might still think this is a cool site to enter to consider the dangers they face.”

Police are still investigating the cause of death. Anyone with information should call 101 quoting incident number “713 of March 26”.

Forge offers its condolences to the family and friends of Rhodes at this difficult time.