Women's Cricket beat rivals Hallam by 8 wickets to make a great start to the BUCS Season
">

Following their Varsity loss two weeks earlier, Sheffield were very keen to prove themselves in outdoor cricket.

A cold day occasionally hit by the occasional hail shower made for interesting watching.

Sheffield however, triumphed, meeting Hallam’s target of 118-5 in their 30 overs with a few overs to spare.

Electing to field first some good Sheffield bowling, notably from Lizzie Dillam and Billie Santos, saw the Hallam run rate slow despite a 50 from their captain.

After a brief rain delay it was Sheffield’s turn to bat, and despite the loss of an early wicket, Sheffield chased the total losing only two wickets in the process.

Hannah Lautch batted solidly all innings, building on her performance in the last game to get 66 not out.

Lautch was supported by Zara Aslam for most of the innings, who herself made a good contribution of 30 odd runs.

Overall therefore this was a very different performance to the preceding indoor game.

Adding this to a stunning 176 run victory over Manchester in their opening game, during which they set a new team record of 228-1 from 30 overs, Sheffield now have two wins from two BUCS games.