News: 666 Park Avenue

September 30th sees the start of a new American “horror soap”, in which a couple move into a luxury highrise in New York at 666 Park Avenue, because they’re clearly idiots. Unsurprisingly, scary stuff starts to happen and the stupid couple learn of dark forces at work in the titular building.

The show’s creator, David Wilcox, has cited Stephen King as an influence (which almost goes without saying, considering Stephen King’s influence on practically every modern horror story) and claims that the show’s highrise building “is like the Overlook Hotel from The Shining.” Such a comparison is risky, given the sheer genius of Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation, and anything that strives to resemble that classic will surely be found wanting. Hint hint, Warner Bros

In the dark, creepy corner of television where horror shows lurk, 666 Park Avenue will face strong competition from American Horror Story, or as the new season will be called, American Horror Story: Asylum. Because it’s set in an asylum. By which logic, 666 Park Avenue should be called 666 Park Avenue: Apartment Complex. Meanwhile, everyone’s favourite name, M. Night Shyamalan, is making his TV debut with a show called Proof. Or is he…? Yes, he definitely is.

One Response to “News: 666 Park Avenue”

1. 666 Park Avenue

I gotta day that I am totally looking forward to 666 Park Avenue. I think it looks awesome and they have some really great actors such as Terry O’Quinn and Vanessa Williams. I’m also a huge Dave Annable fan and loved him in Brothers and Sisters as Justin.
    I am hoping 666 Park Avenue has a Devil’s Advocate kinda feel to it. If it does I think it could be a huge hit!

Reply