News: American Horror Story Season 2

Have you ever watched Glee and wished that all the characters were dead? Then you’ll love American Horror Story!

Created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, (the men responsible for Glee and, by extension, for making Don’t Stop Believin’ completely unlistenable) American Horror Story was a surprising treat, and production starts on season 2 this week. With it’s bold sense of fun and downright creepiness, the first season was more interesting and more scary than most recent horror films. Even the opening title sequence was terrifying. With that most haunted of houses still fresh in the memory, a new season is something to look forward to.

Strangely, albeit understandably, the new season will feature entirely new characters in an entirely new setting; an institution for the criminally insane. Subtlety was never the show’s strong point.

We will, however, be seeing the return of some cast members (though as very different characters), including Jessica Lange who made the first season what it was, and has the Golden Globe to prove it. Her new character will be the centre of the new season, which is an extremely promising, and frightening, prospect.

There will also be some new faces, such as Maroon 5 frontman and TV personality Adam Levine. Now that’s scary.

One Response to “News: American Horror Story Season 2”