News: Walking Dead Season 3 Gets Trailer at Comic-Con

In a world where getting bitten by a shuffling, groaning corpse has never been cooler, TV series The Walking Dead is leading the pack by a country mile in terms of quality. Now the first glimpse at its third season has been released, and it  looks mouth-wateringly good. 

It looks to be a damn-sight creepier, with Rick and co. taking refuge in an abandoned prison – somewhere that promises to send the levels of suspense through the roof. Dark, echoing corridors sound like the perfect setting for a pant-wettingly terrifying confrontation with the walkers.

Meanwhile Andrea, separated from the rest of the group at the end of the last season, encounters some pretty fucked-up individuals. First there’s Michonne, who walks around with a samurai sword at her hip and two armless walkers chained to her sides – clearly some daddy issues there. And then there’s The Governor, played by David Morrissey (star of the Thorne miniseries on Sky last year), who rules over the seemingly idyllic dictatorship of Woodbury. Oh, and there’s the sight of the racist hillbilly Merle, missing since the second episode, who turns up with an Evil Dead-style prosthetic knife attached to his wrist.

The trailer raises a lot of questions, but it looks like this series will be a lot more action-packed than the last, with plenty of mystery to sink your teeth into (sorry).

To see the trailer in all it’s glory gory, click here.