The X Factor: Week 4 – Fright Night

It’s Saturday night and your Facebook news feed will no doubt have been replaced by a running commentary of the X Factor. As far as I’m aware Kelly Rowland being replaced by the extremely annoying 2008 winner Alexandra Burke was one of the worst moves by the producers in this Halloween themed week.

First was The Risk. Ashley Baptiste’s exit from the band gave more opportunity for a dramatic X Factor opening, however new band-mate Ashford gave no change to the band in their performance of ‘Thriller’.

Next came Johnny; ‘the people’s diva’. Thankfully Louis has moved away from turning Johnny into 2011’s version of Wagner, giving a great performance of ‘That Ole Devil Called Love’ – resulting in a standing ovation and hug from Gary Barlow.

Sophie Habibis followed, singing ‘Bang Bang’. Apparently the judges heard something I didn’t, with criticisms of the song choice being wrong, and her voice being out of tune.

Cheeky chappie Marcus Collins sung ‘Superstition‘, followed by Misha B performing‘Tainted Love’. Both gave decent enough performances – with Misha proving herself to be the only contestant able to get away with rapping.

Janet Devlin’s version of ‘Every Breath You Take’ resulted in Louis embarrassingly imitating Kelly’s L.A accent by saying ‘you got it goin’ on girl!’ Not again Louis, please.

Next was Frankie Cocozza, trying to continue his ‘laddish’ image. His desire to become the next Pete Doherty won‘t happen with his voice. Although his version of ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go’ was better than previous weeks, the only thing he has going for him is the fact Gary wistfully views him as a younger Robbie Williams.

Kitty Brucknell sung ‘Sweet Dreams’ after being saved by the judges from the bottom two last week, followed by Little Mix (previously Rhythmix) singing ‘E.T.’, which proved them to be the first good girl band the X Factor has seen. This combined with Craig Colton smashing the Adele song ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, gave a great end to this week’s show. Although hopefully Kelly will get better soon and get rid of the most annoying judge in history: Alexandra Burke.

5 Responses to “The X Factor: Week 4 – Fright Night”

1. Colin

A brilliant & accurate summary of this week’s X-Factor. Next week, I won’t need to watch the show, I’ll just read this Blog instead!!!