The University of Sheffield hit an incredible nine straight goals on their way to a convincing victory in the Women’s Netball 3s against Hallam.

The Black and Gold gained revenge for the 4s’ tight defeat earlier in the day by beating Hallam 55-31, largely thanks to dominant second and third quarters.

Uni of’s girls were in fine form, particularly in the attacking third, with goal attacker Sophie Basich and shooter Honor Munro-Hall hitting an impressive 37 goals between them.

But despite the final result, it was their opponents who came out of the blocks fastest.

A couple of goals for shooter Liv Briggs got Hallam off to a flier as they found themselves two up within a minute, before Basich and Uni of hit back with a couple of quick-fire points to level the game.

Hallam did edge in front again on a couple of occasions during the first quarter, but despite being 9-5 down at one stage, a late rally from Uni of saw them 11-10 ahead at the first interval thanks to some clinical finishing.

Uni of’s 3s are a division higher than Hallam’s in the BUCS leagues, and their quality really started to show during the second quarter as their opponents struggled to get going.

The Black and Gold raced away early on, winning seven of the first eight points in the quarter – the partnership of Basich and Munro-Hall proving lethal.

It took Hallam until late on in the quarter to hit consecutive points, but Uni of consolidated their position with a couple of late goals to head into half-time 26-16 in front.

And although the Hallam crowd were urging their team on with vociferous support, it was the third quarter when Uni of really asserted their dominance.

Captain Rhian Alexander’s voice could be heard throughout the venue as she helped ensure her girls didn’t get complacent, whilst wing attack Jessica Townend was also particularly impressive, quickly covering ground and making things happen going forward.

Despite Briggs looking good for Hallam with 17 goals, a hot-streak of nine successive points for Uni of put the result in little doubt, with the Black and Gold going into the final quarter 40-24 up.

This fixture last year was incredibly tight as Hallam sneaked a 44-42 win, however it was anything but this time around as Uni rounded off a 24 point victory in style with a flurry of late goals in the final quarter to send the Black and Gold one point closer to a record sixth-straight Varsity success.